Monday, March 7, 2016

Moving to Android Studio 1.5.1

My previous env is ADT, but Google released new version Android Studio 1.5.1 which is better to use. NDK is integrated into Android Studio, so it is easy to use. Don't need to go to console to compile C++, then run it. Just modify C++ code, they Android Studio will compile automatically for you. Unfortunately, NDK is not fully supported, but it is enough for my Robot project.

Android Studio requires more powerful PC, more RAM. Doesn't support my 10+ years old Windows XP. So I upgrade it to a new PC with Windows 10.

I have been struggling a lot of time to make everything working together with Android Studio. NDK + OpenCV + Camera2 class. But it is worth for it since this Android Studio is a main tools for Android development.

No comments:

Post a Comment